Crawley, West Sussex
£46.00 - £51.00 per hour + Ltd
7 months ago
Lead Systems Engineer IVVQ / Test Lead
Crawley - 6 month duration - £46 to £51 p/h Ltd
We are looking to recruit a Lead IVVQ Engineer to work for our aerospace client on an airborne early warning system training solution. This role will be working as a Test Lead. The expectation will be for the individual to be both executing tests and additionally performing test management type activities in support of the programme IVVQM. Note this will be leading operational test activity rather than 'man management' tasks. There is the possibility that some shift working may be required at times.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
As a Test Lead, the primary purpose of this role is to carry out IVVQ (Integration, Verification, Validation, Qualification) activities. The role will include requirements analysis, systems engineering activities in support of SEM/PDA, authoring of test procedures, managing and undertaking the execution of test procedures, and ensuring that all defects identified are recorded and tracked. The role involves building a good working relationship with internal and external stakeholders, providing confidence that the client will deliver what is required.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Undertake IVVQ activities in a Lead capacity
- Understanding of Systems Engineering through the development lifecycle
- Ensure that good systems engineering process is followed
- Support and undertake IVVQ activities
- Ensure specified deliverables are met against schedule and timescale and are of an expected level of quality.
- SE and IVVQ related documentation
- Executing test cases
- Managing and reporting defects identified
- Strong quality focus
- Fault closure coordination
- Proven ability in the test and integration of complex electronic systems in the aerospace/defence sector, although other safety critical type projects may also be considered. Some of this should be gained from working in a lead capacity.
- Knowledge of DOORS.
- Requirements Management.
- Understanding of good Systems Engineering practice and understanding of the development lifecycle.
- ISTQB Foundation Certification desirable.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a full UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level) prior to starting.