4 months ago
Lead Systems Engineer
Location: Bristol Duration: 6 Months Pay Rate: Negotiable
A vacancy exists for a Lead Systems Engineer to define requirements, architecture, design and verification for space systems in accordance with relevant European Space Agency flight standards. This will be completed in accordance with the client's relevant Quality Management and industry standards. The Lead Systems Engineer will lead Equipment and Payload/Platforms activities within phase A/B/C/D of proposals/projects.
- Analysis of customer requirements, flowing these into compliant subsystem specifications.
- Conduct system/subsystem trade-offs where necessary.
- Allocate/coordinate the initial satellite budgets and later updates reflecting the evolving design.
- Selection of parts suitable for the space environment.
- Requirements Engineering through the engineering project.
- Establish Verification Control Documentation.
- Critically review inputs from the different teams (systems, software, mechanical/thermal).
- Definition of test procedures.
- Integration and testing at unit and Spacecraft level;
- Reviews at all levels of the design, development and testing of the function;
- and the optimisation of approaches to engineering processes.
- Liaise with customers and subcontractors on technical issues.
- Mentoring team members.
Skills Summary / Proven ability
- Architectural Design, System Design, and Integration.
- Interface Management and Specification.
- Generating specification, architecture, development and validation plans.
- Project Management and Technical Leadership.
- Analysing, and where appropriate, identifying developments required at EM and EQM to support flight development.
- Implementing and testing hardware in accordance with relevant standards.
Additional Security Information
Due to the sensitive nature of the product, all applicants must have worked within the Defence industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).