Greater Manchester, England
Up to £0.00 per day + negotiable
Rail Technical Team
12 months ago
Morson International are looking to recruit an experienced Systems Engineer to join a leading name in Railway Signalling.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Converting requirements into conceptual designs and preparing associated documentation by performing operational analyses, simulations and technical trade-off studies evaluating alternative design configurations and functional features.
- Good understanding of the development lifecycle and lifecycle products.
- Interfacing with the client, to gain approval of test specifications and to host acceptance testing activities.
- Helping to develop and execute Test Specifications
- Creating and/or authorising outline designs from requirements using a variety of design toolsets
- Creating new concepts or modifying existing concepts to fulfil requirements where necessary
- Preparing system & subsystem requirement specifications, interface requirements and test requirement documents by analysing, decomposing modelling and refining customer requirements.
- Preparing system operational plans and reports that explain how the equipment being developed meets requirements. Operational design limits are evaluated and defined; performance analyses and simulations are developed & performed to support the above.
- Performing technical/engineering tasks to define system design and subsystem requirements details.
- Supervising staff, by defining their work, coaching them on how and what to prepare, monitoring their progress and directing them on priorities.
- Proposing work package estimates and descriptions based on knowledge of the work and project requirements, ensuring that compliant solutions at optimum cost are identified.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining tools relevant to the Systems Engineering function.
- Defining or proposing updates of processes and standards covering the work and its products based on knowledge of systems engineering.
- Keeping abreast of technical development in the railway signalling field both within and outside of the company.
- Managing the production of quality metrics to measure the soundness of the System Engineering processes under your control.