Our client is an advanced technology business who are leaders in their field. Due to exciting growth we are now looking to recruit a Lead Safety & Reliability Engineer to join the business.
You will be working closely with the Chief engineer, Head of Systems / Controls , Head of Quality Assurance and project teams to develop appropriate safety and reliability cases for new and existing products to drive system design and demonstrate applicability and compliance to customer needs.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Take ownership for the product Safety Case, FHA, DFMEA, APQP, FTA processes at the motor, motor controller and systems level.
- In conjunction with the Chief Engineer, Head of Controls and the Head of Quality Assurance develop the product safety cases based on the aerospace regulation requirements.
- Act as the point of contact and interface with customers to develop and demonstrate applicable safety and reliability cases at system level integrating with the aircraft.
- In conjunction with the Chief Engineer, Head of Controls and the Head of Quality Assurance develop the product maintainability and Level of Repair analyses.
- Part of a team creating and implementing the process of product developed to ARP 4754 ensuring specific reliability, safety and maintainability requirements are generated and flowed down in development projects; with a specific focus around ARP 4761 for safety analysis.
- Part of the team to adapt and implement legacy in-house processes and tools for aerospace.
- The generation of documentation and supporting items to a standard to satisfy functional safety audit and assessment for EASA & CAA part 21 J & G.
- Work closely with software and control hardware teams to ensure best practice is followed and product meets defined safety goals.
- Provide guidance to the software and hardware teams in safety related processes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a functional safety and systems process in an aerospace environment
- Requirement tracking systems (Cradle, DOORs, CodeBeamer etc)
- Use of FHA, DFMEA tools (APIS etc)
- Confident and able to articulate complex issues in a succinct manor.
- Able to quickly pick up new tasks and understand issues, find solutions and implement.
- Ability to work under pressure while managing conflicting demands against tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates must have UK driving license and be willing to support occasional travel.
- A self-starter with energy and enthusiasm who can thrive in a small aerospace business environment.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity to join a business where you can make a genuine impact.