Manchester, Greater Manchester
£300.00 - £500.00 per day
7 months ago
Lead Record to Report Accountant (DRAFT)
Morson are proud to own the interim recruitment process on behalf of Manchester Airports group.
MAG are currently recruiting an interim Lead RTR Accountant (Record to Report) to support a project to centralise the RTR function. If you are immediately available for work and available to commit to a 6 month contract, then we are interested in hearing from you today!
The role is responsible for north-shoring the RTR finance function from Stansted to Manchester so transition experience is essential and flexibility to travel will also be required. You will be responsible for the Management Accounting activity for a Group Division ensuring that accurate, and technically robust, management accounts are produced in a timely manner and in line with group finance service levels.
* Understand the impact of proposed business changes on the Record to Report function and consider strategy and planning initiatives to develop and implement the end to end solution.
* Lead and own the Finance deliverables within a project/ workstream and develop complete and accurate business models including solution, process, data and organisation, flexing solutions where required.
* Plan the project and monitor its overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate
* Be responsible for the end to end solution of lift and shift into the Record to Report function.
* To engage with stakeholders as necessary to ensure that the deliverables are clearly understood and supported.
* Knowledge transfer and process map current methods to ensure they're fit for purpose of integration.
* Recommendations to improve, standardise and automate processes within the team. Technically and culturally.
* Presentation of the Management Accounts to the RTR Manager in a timely manner.
* Managing the resource in the team to meet conflicting deadlines.
* Staff management and driving continual improvement within the team and the business.
* Appropriate application of accounting policies to produce technically robust management accounts.
About the Person:
* A qualified accountant.
* Relevant Finance Project Management experience with strong understanding of processes and continuous improvement within Shared Services.
* Having worked in a Finance Project Manager role within a large, complex environment.
* Experience of migrating finance processes across both source systems and locations.
* Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
* Preferably experience of SAP or similar ERP systems, intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
* Experience of managing through a changing environment is preferred (end to end change management).
Apply today for immediate consideration!