Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£350 - £450 per day
7 months ago
My client are a large Engineering Consultancy that are undertaking a new commissioned project based in Newcastle for a market leading telecoms and internet service provider.
As a Project Planner you will proactively lead and manage the schedule from an end to end perspective, working with relevant owners of activities with client and Programme Support Team to ensure currency of schedule and support Build Managers in the management of schedule risk.
Duties are to include;
Build Phase Management:
- Proactive support the Delivery Manager to complete review of Build Phase activities and performance to required schedule
- Driving proactive resolution of build phase risks and issues - working with Delivery Manager and Build Partners to remove issues
- Collaborative working with Delivery Manager and Change Control resources to manage and communicate changes to project schedules
- Ensure proposals to improve programme performance are reviewed, accepted and implemented when necessary
- Proactively provides Delivery Manager and Schedule lead with insights on risks and issues on schedule performance
- Administers the schedule to ensure actual schedule performance is reflected
- Capture and update schedule to reflect approved schedule change
E2E Schedule oversight:
- Supports the Delivery Manager in identifying any schedule related risks or issues with pre-build phase activities
- Engages with relevant owners of non-build phase activity to update schedule performance and prompting need for resolution if schedule variance is observed
- Escalate schedule performance issues outside of Build Phase to Schedule Lead and Build Lead and/or Programme Director as required
- Reporting and Governance:
- Provide required schedule inputs to weekly and/or monthly reports
- Support internal and external governance with 'voiceover' to schedule performance or risks, issues, support Programme Leadership to resolve via established governance arrangements
The right candidate will have;
- Extensive experience of planning software packages - primarily MSP.
- Proactive approach which allows them to manage the schedule to reflect latest forecast and actual schedule performance
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and ability to manage schedule and on-going requests for information side-by-side.
- Track record of collaborating with Client, Customer and Contractor resources to maintain schedule accuracy
- Experience of operating and delivering within a constrained schedule
- Able to analyse and interpret schedule data and when data is incomplete, use judgement
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve schedule constraints or issues
- Experience of schedule risk management
- Experience of managing and reporting schedule change and variance
- Ability to form strong working relationships with client, contractor and team
- Valid, clean UK driving licence
For more information please contact Scarlet Wilson on 01617071516.