about 1 year ago
IFA2 will connect the electricity systems of Great Britain and France using high voltage subsea cables from Normandy in France to Hampshire in Great Britain.
Enhancing Great Britain's energy connection to France will bring a number of benefits, including:
Helping to reduce the cost of electricity for homes and businesses in Great Britain.
Increasing security of electricity supplies for both countries.
Providing opportunities for shared use of renewable energy - helping both countries to meet domestic and international renewable and climate change targets.
IFA2 aims to be operational by 2020.
The Lead Planner is an integral member of the Project Management Office (PMO). The PMO function are the subject matter leads' with strategic, tactical and task specific support by developing, implementing and managing project systems. These include schedule programme management, project management governance procedures, risk and value management, commercial management, change control and document management system and support.
The Lead Planner is accountable to the PMO Manager. They are to act as the lead project expert on all programme and scheduling matters in direct support of the Engineering, Procurement, Delivery and Operational teams working on the project.
* Development of programme and schedule systems and procedures in support of delivering the project's objectives
* Development and maintaining the project Integrated Master Works Programme
* Monthly assurance audits of the contractors' and supply chain programmes
* Preparation of the Employer's formal contractual comments specific to EPC contracts and other contractors programme submissions
* Earned Value Management used to analyse contractors' progress and support financial management (payment milestones)
* Development and preparation of internal programme and schedule performance reports and dashboards
* Identify trends in performance data to assist project team members determining appropriate points of intervention
* Development of the schedule risk analysis and publication of the quantitative risk analysis
* Development and production of programme and schedule storyboards
* Establish open working relationship with all project team members to provide tactical and task specific support to deliver the project outcomes
* Establish quality checks throughout the programme and scheduling process and outputs to achieve above benchmark standards
* Responsible owner for the management and governance of the integrated master works programme
* Compiling and issuing high quality, timely reports and presentations to support effective management decision making
* Clear communication of deviations to schedule
* Look ahead at potential challenges within the programme, ensuring timely mitigation and management of critical interfaces between contracts and stakeholders
* Mitigation strategies for changes - dynamic programme management
* Single version of the truth via a single view of the project schedule
* Robust (schedule) change management and communication of schedule data
* Providing support with contractor delay and extension of time claims to the works programme
Requirements for the role
* Able to demonstrate a logical, methodical and practical approach to programme and scheduling activities
* Expert user of Primavera P6 and associated applications such as Primavera Risk Analysis
* Expert user in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel
* Knowledge of linear programme tools, such as a TILOS
* Knowledge and application of VBA coding preferential
* Strong personnel communications skills and ability to positively influence the project outcome
* Capable of working both as a team members and as an individual to timely and accurately complete activities
* Capable of supporting with project audits in accordance with the project management plan
* Good contractual and commercial awareness
* Representing the project in a professional and appropriate way