Up to £0.00 per annum
15 days ago
Responsible for ensuring network design changes integrate seamlessly with the existing environment and implementation occurs in accordance with enterprise standards Routinely review, analyse, recommend and plan network improvements to ensure that the network can scale to support application, user and service needs. Monitor and optimise network performance and assure network security in a high availability environment. Collaborate with and manage (when appropriate) external engineers to troubleshoot and resolve complex network issues Enforce and execute user policies and procedures regarding the use of network resources. Provide on-call support. Act as mentor to junior members of the team, including those outside of the department where possible, to drive collective positive influence on career development across the division and company. Maintain a portfolio of all items within your area of responsibility ensuring all components have a clear development roadmap, risk status, and clearly documented support and maintenance support agreements and arrangements. Establish relationships with third party suppliers and support organisations to ensure that all aspects of the service are supported effectively and efficiently. Ensure regular risk reviews take place for your areas of responsibility and clear mitigation plans are maintained in order to de risk any potential issues and minimise impact or potential degradation to business operations. Ensure adherence to and improvement of processes and procedures relating to analysis, design, development, implementation, configuration and full life cycle management. Act as sponsor on major projects and programmes being delivered, ensuring the necessary delivery and governance processes are effectively met. Maintains and manages network configuration and security requirements through proper tools and procedures. Provide oversight, advice, guidance and mentorship to junior members of the team as required. Ensure works are completed in line with all relevant Health and Safety policies and guidelines.
- Deep knowledge of network systems, including design, troubleshooting, infrastructure (hardware, software and telecommunications), maintenance and operations.
- Direct experience in building scalable and highly available distributed networks.
- Experience problem solving and troubleshooting complex, distributed network systems.
- Expert in routing and switching - CISCO IOS and NX-OS knowledge is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of firewall and Intrusion Detection Systems.
- Experience of configuring and troubleshooting VoIP, DNS, IPAM, VPN & IPSec, BGP & OSPF routing, load balancers, optimisation technologies and proxies in an enterprise environment.
- Strong familiarity with network monitoring and management tools.
- Knowledge and solid understanding of industry best practices. Develop long term vision of technologies and solutions.
- Ability to learn complex systems and business processes and define requirements for solutions.
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence technical experts in other technical competencies
- SC cleared or the ability to become SC cleared.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics, although significant experience and track record with tertiary qualifications is acceptable.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (minimum) CCIE preferred
- Prior experience of defence or highly regulated technical industry.
- Cisco CCIE/CCar Certification
- CISSP, CEH, Brocade Fibre Channel switching, TOGAF
- Suitable business and/or technical leadership skills in technology consulting, managed and professional services in commercial or public sector organisations.