Dudley, West Midlands
29 days ago
Lead NDT Technicians x 2, Permanent, Tipton
Our Client is a market-leading provider of products and services to the energy, industrial and petrochemical sectors, and we are currently recruiting for 2 Lead NDT Technicians to work at their world class training Centre based in Tipton.
In addition to performing NDT on test welds for the welding school and 3rd party clients, you will also be responsible for the following:
* Liaising with the local / National authorities on Radiological matters
* Supporting construction, repair and maintenance teams with on-site NDT during peak periods
* Liaising with and supporting NDT Technical Authorities to ensure that the Client is performing compliant, best practice NDT
* Liaising with the external Radiation Protection Advisor
* Liaising with Counter-Terrorism bodies
Along with your strong communication skills, passion for mentoring and drive to improve performance you will require the following to be considered for this role:
* PCN Level 2 Certification in Radiography of Welds - X and Gamma radiography of Light and Dense Metal Welds
* PCN Level 2 MPI / DPI
* PCN Level 2 Ultrasonic Inspection ( UT )
* BINDT recognised RPS certification
* Knowledge of construction codes and Weld procedure qualification codes along with knowledge national welding acceptance procedures ASME IX, EN, BS etc.
In addition, it would be an advantage to be certified to PCN Level 3 in each of the above disciplines or, if not, be prepared to accept that as a development goal.
If you are a person who likes to help others and can work using their own initiative then this is the right role for you.