Up to £57650.00 per annum
5 months ago
To provide engineering services to the client as both a Design Authority Intelligent Customer (DAIC) and in support of the development of new and existing plant.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer, who is appointed as the Design Authority, this role shall help ensure that new plant introduced to site meets its regulatory obligations. It shall also underpin business cases for new plant by identifying and delivering engineering documentation for consumption by both internal and external stakeholders, including activities such as the selection of appropriate technology. There is also an expectation that this role shall directly contribute to the continuous improvement of business processes related to Engineering, support the Senior Engineer as required, conduct new business activities and assist in the development of junior engineers.
Providing a project and design service within the Engineering department as required, in accordance with specified standards. Provide information and attend project meetings. Preparation of relevant design documents in accordance with the clients design procedures, safety case and nuclear site license requirements.
Produce appropriate specifications for contractors and manage their delivery.
Controls/supervises activities of contractors (up to 20 personnel, 5 external consultants), including Method Statements and Risk Assessments to ensure work carried out is to specification, on time, and compliant with the clients procedures.
Developing achievable project plans and schedules such that the proposed improvements and projects can be delivered in a safe and cost effective way. Providing timely and cost effective project design solutions to address the requirements of the customers, jointly developed user requirements specifications and project plans.
- Thorough knowledge of up-to-date industrial practices.
- Good, broad understanding of the other disciplines, technologies, plant systems and processes that are present at the client
- Thorough appreciation of international standards relating to engineering and design.
- Sound knowledge of current health and safety legislation.
- Excellent IT skills including Windows and Microsoft applications, Documentum and SAP.
- Ability to use or learn to use specialist software packages (e.g. system modelling packages).
- Capable of producing high quality technical documentation including functional and technical specifications and project documentation.
- Ability to maintain and develop own technical knowledge to ensure the best, cost effective and safe solutions are proposed and implemented.
- Ability to assess problems, feasibility and develop practical solutions.
- Capable of exercising authority in the control of contractors and suppliers.
- Excellent communication, reporting, presentation, negotiation and customer facing skills.
- Proven track record in Mechanical Engineering and construction design/controls on Nuclear Licensed Sites.
- Experience of specifying/working with contractors
- Experience of supervising managing staff/agency resources
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Professionally qualified; chartered status preferred.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, SC clearance.