£31 - £50000 per annum
3 months ago
temp to perm
1. Lead the mechanical design team including planning resources and setting priorities in conjunction with the Engineering Manager.
2. Lead engineering projects within the Company process and procedures to meet Cost, Quality, Standards and Timescale.
3. Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects to deadlines.
4. Project Management & Resource planning (MS Project).
5. Computer Aided Design (Autodesk Inventor 3D & 2D).
6. Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA).
7. Engine risk analysis (RA).
8. Design for Manufacture, Assembly and Serviceability (DFM/DFA).
9. Design analysis and calculations in accordance with customer requirements and product design standards.
10. Root Cause analysis investigations using 8D methodology.
11. Ensure that there is an accurate 3D product definition for each engine application type.
12. Approver of engineering drawings, specifications and bills of materials to define the engine configuration/build.
13. Communicate design changes using Company procedures for (DA's-Design Alterations).
14. Ensure that designs are in compliance with product safety legislation, regulations and directives.
15. Provide technical support to the Sales team with data for tenders and quotations for new business.
16. Provide technical support to supply chain to both support supplier with technical queries as well as develop new suppliers.
17. Provide technical support to Operations in order to ensure contract engine bills of materials are accurate and comply with best practice on Design for manufacture and assembly. DFM/DFA.
18. Ensure both project & technical construction files are in place and maintained for specific engine ranges.
19. Coordination with the other Engineering disciplines', clients and vendors.
20. Attend and contribute to weekly Engineering Team Meetings.
21. Acts as a mentor for design engineers.
22. Identifying training needs of development team members.
23. Operate in compliance with the Company and departmental procedures.