Abingdon, Oxfordshire, S. E. England, England
Up to £0.00 per annum
5 months ago
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer, Permanent, Abingdon
RACE (Remote Applications in Challenging Environments) specialises in remote handling and automated systems responsible for designing, procuring, commissioning, operating and maintaining the wide range equipment which is used for the maintenance and implementation of enhancements to various fusion reactors as well as other international projects.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Creation and design of effective remote handling mechanical robotic devices and tooling from concept through systems specifications to detail designs.
- Substantiation of designs through hand calculations and analysis.
- Supervision of engineers and draughtsman to maintain high design standards and integrate design work.
- Liaison with customers to report of project progress and to agree priorities.
- Drive and complete complex design activities within allotted time and with high efficiency, and ensuring designs are compliant with correct design files.
- Lead and manage the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of existing UKAEA and JET systems.
- Managing the acceptance, testing and commissioning of complex remote systems.
Knowledge skills and experience
* Experience in mechanism design and actuator selection
* Engineering council recognised mechanical engineering degree or equivalent experience
* Experience in design substantiation analysis using hand calculation and finite element techniques
* Competent in generating technical documents and specifications
* Experience in using 3D CAD system
* Ability to work as part of a larger team or group
* Membership of a Professional Engineering Institution would be beneficial