14 days ago
Our Client based in Stevenage has a requirement for a Lean Manufacturing Engnineer to undertake the below contract.
To provide leadership for the production of fully integrated Satellite Telecoms and ENS Products based on robust inputs, processes and procedures, for implementation into production.
As the project focal point, the Lead Engineer defines the production schedule, identifies opportunities from manufacturing experience and sets out daily priorities for the operations teams.
A dynamic and essential role that deals with daily challenges, changing priorities and resolving blocking actions to ensure schedule adherence, yet, maintaining quality and costs.
General Responsibilities -
* Lead/co-ordinate a team of engineers and technicians offering technical advice and guidance with respect to the product flow
* Liaise with management over manpower and budgets as necessary
* Drive the ideal that AIT Engineering are the technical authority internally and externally for manufacture
* To flow new initiatives and ideas to those within the process teams and ensure subsequent feedback to process owners
* To provide regular feedback to management on current progress, workings and issues on behalf of their team
* Pro-actively support the KPO and re-enforce their responsibility to ensure correct & consistent process use and application on the shop floor
* Offer support to management with regards to team/department strategies or any other topics as needed
* Support/mentor apprentices and new starters in to the team to foster new talent.
Customisation / Preparation Phase Responsibilities -
* Co-ordinate Product/Process Owner(s) responsibilities for inputs into the generic schedule.
* Supporting project customisation and preparation into manufacture.
* Attend inputs preparation meeting to define and ensure KIDs for product / project are fit for Manufacture (DFM)
* Manage the creation of all documentation, liaising with the process owners to provide a scheduled requirement.
* Liaison with relevant stakeholders / areas to ensure best practice on process in design and manufacture.
* Support to Bids for AIT.
* Product manufacturing flow and area layout definition
* Contribute to and support inputs to MRR + Operations Phase Responsibilities
* The Lead Engineer is the AIT point of contact for the project.
* Manage costs for the project and provide inputs to monthly cost reviews, as well as contributing to Customisation Close Out (CCO)
* Provide timely feedback to appropriate managers on process engineering issues.
* Drive and continuously monitor the Manufacturing Production schedule to ensure the timely delivery and optimum sequence for manufacture VPB to P6 durations.
* Co-ordinate and lead unplanned work based on inputs from project and manufacturing Support deviation planning / work instructions based on project requirements
* Attend and define daily priorities for operations team at the daily meetings (SQCDP), including optimisation of task lists for the following day.
End of Project Responsibilities -
* Organise/run Lessons Learned exercises at key milestones involving all key stakeholders in phase (Operations, Process Owners, AIT Management, and Design)
* Deliver a SWOT report for the project phases to AIT engineering teams and AIT & Project Management (KPO's)
* Appreciation of manufacturing techniques e.g. CFRP, structural bonding or TIG welding, within the aerospace industry
* Understanding of build documentation to ensure clear instructions are given to shop floor operators.
* Driving build quality through review of processes and implementation of improvements
* Managing a multi-disciplined team during investigations and initiatives
* Controlling and delivery of projects to budget and schedule
* Time served engineering apprenticeship or equivalent qualifications
* Good understanding and detailed experience of mechanical engineering and systems, including but not limited to: Lean manufacturing techniques including 5S, root cause analysis and continuous improvement (Green belt).
* Production planning.
* Support to operations.
* Manufacturing / Test processes for the space industry.
* A background in an aerospace engineering environment, preferably within the space sector
* High level mechanical skills and relevant experience.
* Procedures and process control.
* Team working and team leading skills.
* Practical and proactive.
* Process and Quality driven approach with high attention to detail.
* High self-motivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi project basis.
* Good planning skills and process competence (MRP system experience an advantage).
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Previous experience of aerospace structures and build requirements is a distinct advantage.
* Ad hoc travel to UK and European sites
**The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.**