£25.62 - £33.90 per hour + Inside IR35 PAYE or Umbrella
about 1 month ago
Our Portsmouth Client has a requirement for a Lead Manufacturing Engineer to undertake the below contract.
The Lead Manufacturing Engineer acts as the main technical manufacturing interface into a Product Line/Integrated Project Team. They must ensure the alignment of the design of all make items with the manufacturing capability of the business to meet quality, cost and schedule requirements and co-ordinate any developments where necessary.
* Manage all aspects of New Product Introduction to Manufacturing and Facilities for areas of responsibility, ensuring that all technical, programme and cost issues are executed according to the company standards and customer satisfaction.
* Deliver all Manufacturing Engineering inputs (work instructions, routings, cost models, proposals etc.) in line with the business processes.
* Identify any manufacturing facility or capability limitations preventing successful project completion and work across the team to resolve the issues.
* Provide manufacturing technical support to problem solving activities including NCRs, IRB/NRBs and Kaizans.
* Identify operational performance and technical risks through systematic monitors and propose mitigations/resolutions.
* Deliver continuous improvement activities to progress the capabilities of manufacturing and ensure the ongoing competitiveness of the Product Line.
* Champion implementation of Design for Manufacture and Assembly methodologies for New Product Introduction demanding use of standard and qualified processes as much as is possible.
* Implement / conform to all Company health, safety, environment and statutory policies within the Manufacturing organisation.
* Implement the Product Line Manufacturing strategy.
* Continuously develop own Manufacturing Engineering skill base. Demonstrate ownership and accountability.
* No less than 3 years' experience of Engineering within the space, aerospace or military electronics engineering sector.
* Experience and knowledge of high reliability electronics, surface mount assembly and RF products.
* Familiar with all aspects of the project life cycle from design to production, including formal reviews, programme control, risk management, cost control.
* General awareness of Manufacturing Systems (CAD, CAM, Manufacturing Execution System, SAP, Technical Publications, etc.) relevant to the business.
* Experienced of working within a matrix structure.
* Proactive, with the proven ability to implement change to the benefit of the business.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with people at all levels of the business.