£45000 - £50000 per annum + Additional benefits
5 months ago
Are you an experienced Manufacturing Engineer who has experience of leading or supervising a team? Are you used to identifying and analysing the root cause of complex problems? Would you like the chance to grow and progress your career by managing a team? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Lead Manufacturing Engineer to work for a market-leading engineering business based near Telford. In this role you will have the chance to identify and analyse the root cause of complex engineering issues allowing you to implement efficient, cost-effective solutions to rectify them. You will be working closely the Operational Team to assist with any build issues and generating manufacturing instructions for them.
As Lead Manufacturing Engineer you will;
- Line manage and develop a team of 10 employees (reviews, sickness, absence, appraisals etc.);
- Convert design work into manufacturing instructions to be used within the Operational Team;
- Work with your team to identify development opportunities;
- Ensure manufacturing processes are always adhered to;
- Ensure sufficient resource is in place to deliver on key projects;
- Oversee the manufacturing process (jigs, tooling, methods) to ensure a smooth transition from design to production;
To be successful in this role we are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer who is now looking to take the next step and develop a team. You will have experience of identifying and implementing KPIs; having a good understanding of how and why these are measured. You will be a born people leader who has a drive and passion to coach, develop and manage a team to achieve shared goals. With the fast-paced nature of this role, you will be used to dealing with manufacturing issues and will be able to provide examples of times you have made key decision under pressure. Due to the nature of the projects you will be working with welding experience would be highly advantageous although not necessarily essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to progress their career!