Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Purpose and Scope:
The duties of the Lead Geotechnical Engineer will be those of an Investigation Supervisor as set out in the ICE UK Specification for Ground Investigation; namely the responsibility for technical direction of the ground investigation. You shall have responsibility to see that the technical objectives and quality of the investigation are met within the programme and cost constraints.
You will have overall responsibility for ensuring compliance with the Specification and for the technical deliverables. You will be responsible for managing a team of Site Engineers to oversee the Contractors activities to drive quality. You will have in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Specification. Involvement will begin in the early planning stage to review the contractor's methodology and RAMS in advance to ensure procedures are compliant. Continuous performance monitoring will be required during site works. You will be responsible for communicating any change orders from the Designer and ensuring that these are implemented on site. You will be responsible for identifying any practises that are deficient and suggesting alternative approaches to the satisfaction of the Designer. Record keeping and communication will be key.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Health and Safety
* Co-operate with the Package H&S Advisor and the H&S Team to encourage a good safety culture.
* Report Incidents within AECOM using LifeGuard and iAuditor as appropriate. Where required aid in incident investigation and incident close out.
* Provide support to the SHE Team as requested, to ensure the safety of all persons involved in the project.
* Review of Contractors RAMS from both a H&S and a technical perspective;
* Ensure that technical quality is not achieved at the expense of H&S - review of methods and continuous improvement;
* Ensuring that site activities are undertaken in accordance with approved RAMS
* Stop works on site where there is an immediate risk or harm.
* Full time field/site attendance is required in order to perform this role.
* Management of Site Engineers: day to day programming and personnel resourcing, annual leave cover, identification of other resources as required;
* Deliver morning briefings to site engineers to assign roles and tasks each day to ensure focus on technical quality;
* Support Site Engineers with technical queries and review progress from daily progress records;
* Undertake site walkovers and audits;
* Review technical deliverables against the requirements of the Specification, including liaison with the logging team. Assess quality and implement any mitigation as required;
* Respond to any technical queries or changes made by the Designer to the Specification and communicate the changes. Overall responsibility for technical Change Management and dissemination of site instructions.
* Review the programme and assess progress;
* Close liaison with Contractor site agent to manage drilling operations;
* Oversight of GIS data system to ensure data is being accurately recorded and up-to-date;
* Ensure that good quality site data, logs and other site records are collected and provided to AECOM's Data and Deliverables Management team in a timely manner.
* Identify EWN's and additional work, and work closely with the Package Leads to identify measures to minimise risk/cost impacts and AECOM's commercial exposure/liability;
* Keep in close contact with the Site Manager and Package Manager to communicate progress, constraints etc that may affect the works;
* As necessary represent AECOM in project-related meetings concerning drilling progress and issues;
* Degree in geology or geotechnical engineering (or equivalent qualification)
* Minimum 5 years' experience of undertaking or managing major site investigations
* Chartered or ROGEP status or equivalent
* Have attended EPIC training (project specific H&S induction training)
* Asbestos Awareness in Soils Training
* UXO Awareness
* CSCS card (BLACK)
* Full UK Driving Licence
* All terrain driver trained (4X4 Training)
* First aid at work - 3 day
The role is fully site based in Kent/Essex/Thurrock. From time to time the Lead Geotechnical Engineer may be asked to attend at the project office in Chelmsford, other AECOM offices, the client's premises or other locations in connection with the project.