Up to £0.00 per annum
3 months ago
Lead Estimator/ Senior Cost Engineer, Contract, Bristol
Preferable start date mid-July / early August 2019.
Due to the nature of the positions SC Clearance will be required
The successful candidate will support proposal teams with preparation of tenders including, case studies, schedules, cost estimates, pricing analysis and governance. This include taking personal responsibility for producing complex price estimating models and scheduling for worldwide bids and proposals.
The ideal candidate will work alongside the sales team to -
- Support Sales with the generation of funding proposals and Professional Services pricing proposals, using an established Pricing Tool, across multiple pursuits
- Prepare multi-year and currency pricing proposals that may include labour, materials, subcontracts, travel and other relevant costs
- Liaise with Sales, Operations and others as required to co-ordinate development of pricing proposals
- Assist in the validation of pricing proposals inputs from others for accuracy
- Scrutinize bid documents to ascertain pricing proposal requirements, including awareness of various contract types i.e. Cost Reimbursable, Fixed Rates, Lump Sum, Target Price and the impact of the pricing proposal
- Utilise various pricing strategy s including staffing plans, activity schedules etc. appropriate to the proposal and contract type
- Perform margin and pricing analysis in order to support sales pursuits and Identify opportunities to optimize profitability.
- Analyse, present and make recommendations which enable the sales team to make informed decisions
- Prepare for and participate in presentations and meetings relating to the pricing proposal
- Liaise with the finance team to ensure correct recognition of revenue
- Interface with Project Services, Finance and Operations to maintain consistent Work Breakdown Structure and system interfaces.
- Develop, monitor and maintain benchmark data and norms for use in pricing proposal
- Outline Lead Estimator Accountabilities -
- Development, governance and on-going revision of Cost Models for programmes of work.
- Producing estimates in accordance with the estimating processes
- Producing project-specific Basis of Estimate documentation in accordance with the estimating processes and the production and maintenance of associated policies, procedures and guidelines
- Assuring the quality of Cost Model and Estimating deliverables
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of the Cost Model and Estimating benchmarking database
- Recommend changes to the Cost Model and estimating norms/ranges, to the Head of Estimating
Outline Senior Cost Engineer Accountabilities -
Typically work on large sized/high complexity projects/work packages looking after all aspects of cost control and manage the cost discipline on large sized/high complexity programmes looking after all aspects of cost control.
- Under delegation of Head of Cost Engineering, to approve Estimates that are to be set as budgets
- Conduct full and detailed variance analysis and subsequent root cause analysis, followed by provision of narrative, recommendations & recovery planning in accordance with monthly reporting timescales
- For project phase and lifecycle, provision of reliable & consistent Estimate at Completion, (EAC) Estimate to Completion (ETC), Expenditure (ACWP) Anticipated Final Cost, (AFC) including alignment of EAC to Budgeted Cost of Work Performed (BCWP)
- Establish the Project Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) and lead on the preparation of cost studies utilising historical data. Developing benchmarking information to meet specific needs
- Skills & Qualifications:-
- Good understanding of project controls, commercial, and estimating.
- Experience in leadership and management of teams.
- Significant experience of large multi-disciplinary professional services projects, including project outside UK, and including implementation of lessons learned and a turnaround of projects in trouble.
- Project Management qualification (e.g. APMP) preferable
- Membership of relevant professional body
- Experience of working on complex projects which are geographically displaced.
- Degree or HND/HNC educated in appropriate business or technical discipline preferable.
- A good understanding of standard forms of contract, particularly NEC.
- Worldwide pricing experience including standard assignment terms and tax issues.
- Experience of large multi-disciplinary EPC projects, including projects outside of the UK