10 months ago
Delivery Lead - LEM Platforms & Simulator
Our key client in the Nuclear Sector has a requirement for a Delivery Lead to manage the integrated engineering design delivery (by their Designer), of the Platforms and Simulator facilities and systems of the Wylfa Newydd Nuclear Power Station in North Wales. The role holder will be accountable for the approval or acceptance by the Design Authority for these facilities in accordance with the schedule and budget agreed with the business. This is a permanent position and will be based at our client's offices in Gloucester with travel to site as and when required. An excellent salary and benefits will be offered to a suitably qualified and experienced candidate.
- Define the Platforms & Simulator interfaces with other Facilities or Systems and agree Interface Management Plan with LEM (Cross Functional).
- Ensure Requirements (specified by the DA) and design information requirements are communicated to the Designer.
- Support value engineering activities in accordance with targets set by PPU and agreed with the business.
- Monitor compliance of the Designer with Company procedures. Monitor compliance of Designer with its own Procedures. Agree recovery plans to resolve any non-compliance. [Note: This activity to be coordinated with the Company Supply Chain Oversight team].
- Work with the Lead Engineering Manager - Nuclear Island and authorised representatives of other Units / sub-Units to manage the overarching Engineering resources required for the design review, approval or acceptance of Platforms & Simulator Facilities and associated Systems.
- Establish, maintain and communicate the Platforms & Simulator engineering design, approval and acceptance schedule and budget within the constraints agreed with the business.
- Monitor performance and develop recovery or mitigation plans where there are variances.
- Identify and maintain a schedule of Company Design Decisions. Ensure timely submission of information to support Design Decisions. Ensure Company Design Decisions are recorded and communicated to the Designer.
- Monitor and oversee the technical deliverables received from the supply chain for the Platforms & Simulator facilities and systems and manage the distribution, review and acceptance process.
- Monitor quality and non-compliance with Requirements set by the Design Authority. Develop and agree recovery plans to resolve non-compliances or seek changes to Requirements from the Design Authority.
- Lead and assist in the development of Project Engineers responsible for the management of all aspects of the design of the Platforms & Simulator facilities.
- Support, as required, to the Project Engineer and Senior Project Engineer (regarding Platforms & Simulator topics) by attending Design Progress Meetings and technical deliverable review sessions.
- Report to the Head of Engineering Management on the overall adherence to technical standards, policies and procedures within the Platforms & Simulator Engineering work.
- Monitor and manage performance of Supply Chain (where required) delivery of required outputs in the Platforms & Simulator facilities and systems.
- Assist in the line management for the Project Engineer and Senior Project Engineer (Platforms & Simulator), including objective setting and performance reviews. Collate feedback from other Lead Engineering Managers (within EMT) and others where relevant on Project Engineer & Senior Project Engineer (Platforms & Simulator) performance.
- Lead and contribute engineering management input to the Quality Plan.
- Ensure engineering design risks are identified, management plans agreed and implemented. Monitor and report on delivery.
- Support Configuration management and design change control through enabling and utilising the Configuration management team processes.
- A relevant degree in an engineering, science or related subject.
- Chartered professional, or corporate membership of a relevant professional body/institution.
- Extensive experience of engineering management of a workstream, project or delivery area in an engineering / construction environment.
- Proven track record of holding an authoritative position on a complex construction project - multi component and multi-disciplinary, and ideally delivered in nuclear.
- Proven experience of contract and work package management and leadership, including preparation of technical specifications, tender assessment and quality planning.
- Significant experience of critically reviewing and appraising engineering documentation/specifications within a complex programme environment.
- Significant experience of construction practices within the UK industry, and a strong understanding of UK H&S Regulations, CDM Regulations, Quality and Environmental Control, Risk and Contract Management.