Up to £0.00 per annum + £55,000 - £65,000
0161 707 1516
2 months ago
12 Months Fixed
Our clients project requires an engineer to lead and manage the Work Package which is focussed on the Power Conversion option that delivers High Temperature Process Heat for a range of potential customers in the UK's foundation industries. The engineering deliverables include amongst others the design and specification of a Nitrogen to Process Fluid Heat Exchanger and the development of the specification and associated Safety Principles and Preliminary Safety Case for a demonstration Process Heat Application
* The role also requires working closely with lead engineers on the Work Package developing the gas turbine electricity generating power option.
* The majority of this work will be delivered by a number of contractors
* A key focus is to identify the route of maximising the use of COTS and the offsite manufacture, assembly and testing of a series of self-contained modules or skids prior to transport to site of the power conversion systems plant and equipment
* The role involves working within a regulated environment reporting to the Design Authority and also the Licensing Authority
* Higher degree (Masters or Doctorate) in Mechanical Engineering or a closely aligned discipline.
* Professionally qualified and chartered status.
* Nuclear physics and or nuclear engineering qualifications.
* Engineering management and successful delivery on nuclear reactor islands and other safety critical projects.
* A record of negotiating and working with nuclear regulators on novel or first of a kind projects
* Security Clearance to SC level