22 days ago
My client is currently looking for a Lead EHS Manager for a flagship nuclear project in the South West.
Leads health, safety and environment activity for Network Services Projects. Manages the overall Tactical direction for Network Services Projects Network Services to enable world class delivery EHS in line with my client, customers & stakeholders.
* Provide Tactical support to the Programme Directors and Senior Leadership Team on all EHS matters
* Provide EHS leadership for all project and programme teams through directly managing the Network Services Projects Network Services EHS support team.
* Provide timely and compelling EHS advice across Network Services Projects Network Services organisations.
* Lead the work with the Safety Leadership team to deliver risk controls necessary to manage risks to levels that are 'As Low As Reasonably Practicable', in compliance with corporate processes and systems.
* Review and implement changes to the Network Services Projects Principal Contractor Licence and Contractor Assurance Cases management system focusing on achieving world class standards of Safety and Environmental performance.
* Support the Programme Directors, develop and implement risk-based monitoring programmes to test compliance with legislative obligations and company processes and procedures.
* Lead the behavioural change programmes required by the Project Directors and wider company policies
* Develops, implements and oversees Network Services Projects environmental health and safety programs and procedures to safeguard employees and surrounding communities and to ensure that all facilities and practices are in compliance with regulations.
* Implementation of the EHS management system relevant to Network Services Projects Network Services operations
* Responsible for the EHS services to the business unit and the line management of assigned EHS resources, including competent H&S advice as required by UK law.
* Participation as member of Network Services Projects Safety Leadership Team and provision of EHS performance metrics in line with Network Services Projects business requirements to support effective leadership action and decision making.
* Lead, direct and mentor assigned EHS resources
* Ongoing development of Business Unit competency and performance in EHS related matters.
* Ongoing development and support of the Network Services Projects safety culture.
Business Operations Skills - Experience
* Good understanding of risk management
* Good understanding of sustainability in the design and delivery of projects
* Excellent report writing and presentation skills
* Strong influencing and leadership skills
* Good knowledge of Network Services way and/or construction health, safety and environmental legislation
* Good knowledge of Network Services management systems
* Good knowledge of Network Services way operational and contractual practices
* Good knowledge of construction practices
* Chartered Health and Safety Practitioner (CMIOSH)
* NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (minimum requirement)
* Relevant Environmental Qualifications/Membership (e.g. AIEMA)
* Relevant auditor qualifications (minimum internal auditor qualification)
* Computer literate Office 365
* Clean Driver licence