£30000 - £40000 per annum
7 months ago
Our client are a bespoke design and manufacturing organisation who design solutions for large rotating machinery.
* To ensure on time delivery of "Right First Time" compliant drawings and models.
* To lead the drawing office activities within the engineering design department
* Provide day to day accountability for drawing / CAD activities to department head
* To provide advice and support to the sales and applications function in the tendering of work
* To ensure work is completed efficiently to project timescales and to acceptable standards
* To control product definition and detail drawing activities within the engineering department, including detailed checking of drawings to ensure quality and consistency of submissions in line with current working practices and standards
* To ensure staff work in accordance with company procedures. Maintaining relevant processes and updating as necessary to fulfil the business needs.
* To promote value engineering activity and cost reduction at all levels.
* Monitor drawing and 3D model progress and provide status reports to department head
* Manage and review drawing office resources to ensure availability of load and capacity to support business needed.
* To schedule resources and assign work tasks to the drawing office personnel, including input to planning activities for Engineering, and support Project programmes
* Check and approve drawing office output from internal engineering personnel and subcontract submissions
* Preparation and presentation of detailed drawings and resolution/update for technical points with appropriate departments and customers
* Preparation of General Arrangement (GA) and detailed fabrication and construction drawings
* Specification and preparation of raw material and parts list for production to budget requirements with support from the associated Engineers, Manufacturing Team, Sales and Projects.
* Coordination of project design programs with Project Managers and other parties including client, Engineers, Contractors and Sub Contractors
* Review of completed drawings and production files for hand off to Production Manager & Procurement
* Working alongside the Production Department with a focus on optimising details in line with consideration of Design for Manufacture, Logistics, Inspection and Installation while maintaining design integrity
* Evaluation and approval of DDCR forms
* Create and managing engineering drawing guides, rules and tools to support business needs and continual business improvement
* Maintain job records in accordance with company norms and practices
* In line with business process organise and attend engineering / project meeting and reviews as necessary
* Maintain company records and knowledge base
* Conformance with process and procedures
* Identify any shortfalls and work with department head to recruit / subcontractor as necessary
* Manage subcontract design from a technical aspect - to be effective and efficient
* Monitor, report and authorise staff holidays, absenteeism and flexible working etc
* Review and appraise the Drawing office team with consideration of competency, skills, succession and development.
* Develop Draughting Team, activities will include appraisals and development needs and succession planning
* Promote when required, setting a good personal example at all times.
* Take all possible and reasonable steps to create a harmonious working environment using effective communication and team working techniques.
* Be aware of, and adhere to policies and procedures, including but not limited to ISO9001, ISO14001, BS OHSAS 18001, the Health, Safety, Welfare, Environmental & Quality policies and procedures and Employee Handbook.
* Undertake duties as may be required within capabilities consistent with the Terms and Conditions of employment and responsibilities in accordance with UK and EC Laws.
* Qualified to HNC standard or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* Experience at a Senior Draughter level or above
* Experienced user of 2D and 3D Computed Aided Design packages.
* Ability to communicate technical information
* Knowledge of the company products and services
* Understanding of sheet metal and fabrication techniques
* Design of fabrication details
* Familiar with the requirements of the Construction Design and Management regulations
* Practical use of design techniques of hazard identification and risk reduction
* Excellent communication and organisation skills,
* Strong competence and skills in relevant computer packages to support role, Microsoft Office, CAD etc,
* Management and people skills
* Leadership and team working
* Able to prioritise and work to deadlines, completer finisher.
* Flexible attitude to variety in work scope
* Some knowledge of Project principles
* Commitment to continued professional development in conjunction with the Company Vision Statement, Departmental Mission Statements, recognised professional standards and the changing requirements of the organisation.
Interested? Please send your CV or call 0161 707 1516