Birmingham, West Midlands
£400.00 - £450.00 per day + Spec role at moment.
Phil Dobbins MREC Dip.R.P
3 months ago
Lead Commissioning Engineer/Manager
Main Function of Role: Project specific discipline to lead the commissioning activities for the delivery of the Minworth Gas to Grid & A Block Conversion project.
The Minworth Gas to Grid and A Block Conversion project is in two parts. The Gas to Grid part is the supply and installation of a new Bio methane Upgrade Plant and gas to Grid Entry Unit requiring liaison with Client on an ongoing basis during the design through to commissioning .The A Block conversion part is the conversion of Minworth A block digesters to a new pre-THP digestion process, including reconfiguration of the indigenous primary sludge feed, new digestate pumping station.
The Lead Commissioning Engineer/Manager shall be responsible for leading, planning and delivering the commissioning and handover of both the Minworth Gas to Grid part and the A block Conversion parts of the project ensuring this meets the project programme and budget constraints. The Lead Commissioning Engineer/Manager shall liaise with the M&E designers, site construction team, subcontractors and STW in undertaking the above.
In addition, Managing and optimising value in delivery through standardisation, consistency and best practice and promoting Health Safety, Environmental and construction best practice.
Key Responsibilities * Lead, Manage and develop the commissioning resource for the project
* Lead and Managing and compiling the issue & review of the commissioning plan to meet the project commissioning and testing activities.
* Fully understand the project commissioning scope, ensure that all the interfaces and coordination issues are understood, and risks are identified.
* Check the relevant sections of the subcontract Technical Specifications and Subcontract Appendices for compliance with STW specifications.
* Attend commissioning meetings as necessary with the suppliers, designers, site team and STW.
* Based at site leading and ensuring the activities are managed in line with the CIM6 framework expectations.
* Liaise with Designers/Suppliers/Site Team/Severn Trent Water
* Lead, Manage and Assist in producing/finalising commissioning, testing and handover documentation
* - Identify risks & opportunities for inclusion in Risk & Opportunity Register.
* - Identify and coordinate design interface issues.
* Attend site meetings as necessary
* Assist in the compilation of the Contract Programme Updates
* Attending all necessary major meetings and workshops - providing guidance and advice to Costain and STW and where necessary generate meeting minutes and actions for those meetings.
* - Liaison with internal staff and subcontractors as necessary to meet the above.
SHE e Ensure compliance with necessary safety, health and environmental procedures.
Promoting health, safety and environmental best practice.
Participate in Client and audits if necessary.