Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester
£40.00 - £42.00 per hour
Sam Mabbott B.Soc Sci
6 days ago
12 - 18 months
Our client is looking to recruit a Project Procurement Lead for a major Oil and Gas project on a 12-18 month contract basis, based in Wythenshawe, South Manchester.
The role will be to source and procure, under contract, the materials, plant, equipment, and services for the assigned project and to undertake tasks as assigned to them from time to time by the Project Procurement Manager.
It is crucial the successful candidate is delivery focused to drive collaboration and innovation with supply chain in assisting with development of an optimum FEED solution, working along with Engineering to produce an estimate, schedule and execution delivery strategy that our client can stand by for progressing to EPC phase.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Draft, develop and maintain the project procurement strategy, plan and dashboard to ensure effective communication between procurement, project team (included but not limited to Project Management, Engineering, Expediting, QA/QC SHE, Site Team's suppliers and client.
- Develop and manage the supply chain for the appointed project ensuring delivery and control (cost, quality, schedule) always in compliance with Costain policies.
- Management of the procurement process, reporting, budget control & risk management.
- Build strong working relationships with client, the supply chain and all stakeholders.
- Identify the procurement need from purchase requisition. Challenge ill-defined, incomplete, non-conforming forms, specs and authorisations.
- Prepare and issue RFQ enquiries and ITT Packages, incorporating client and project specific requirements, negotiating best possible commercial terms.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable team management experience in a client facing role, within a demanding project procurement EPC/EPCm Environment.
- Autonomous, effective individually and as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Finacial and commercial awareness commensurate with the delivery of contract of contracts for goods and services.
- Sound relationship management experience and skills, covering all organisational skills.
- Demonstrable experience of managing teams in procuring a range of complex packages in a EPC/EPCm environment.
- Proficient in the use of a computerised purchasing system, experience of SMART Plant material is preferred.