16 days ago
Morson International is looking for Lead Buyer for our client based in Stevenage.
- You will be responsible for managing the procurement activities for Travel and Communications for the UK and working closely to compliment Group strategies.
- Proactively reviewing future needs with our internal customers and leading the procurement/sourcing process through marketplace competitions where appropriate.
- You will also lead the supplier negotiations on behalf of the organisation and brief and present recommended contracting solutions to senior stakeholders.
- Maintain the strategic outlook over a 5 year period and ensure continuation of services is maintained while still achieving best value for money for the business.
- This will involve managing a number of strategic relationships with our suppliers and internal stakeholders as well as industry partners.
- You will be expected to keep up to date with the latest developments/improvements in the marketplace and research and recommend improved models within the categories
- Attend regular supplier review meetings to ensure they are delivering to contract.
- Regular travel within the UK & Europe (Predominantly France) will be required to work closely with our colleagues and suppliers
Additional Job Details:
* Competent and experienced in Procurement, with a proven track record in delivering cost savings and service enhancements through established procurement best practice and management of the tender process
* Enthusiastic, proactive and adaptable individual able to deal with complex situations and effectively influence senior stakeholders and suppliers
* Competent contract negotiator with ability to draft contract agreements and approve terms and conditions
* A natural leader and communicator, able to build strong relationships, with experience in working with multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales
* Strong interpersonal skills, a forward thinking approach and an appreciation of cross cultural working
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.