Lead AWS Architect
IT and Digital
Up to £0.00 per annum
29 days ago
Lead AWS Architect
Are you an AWS specialist that would love to be one of the first to implement AWS cloud services into the Ministry of Defence.
For over 50 years this business has been servicing Defence solutions and the intelligence community, providing highly complex IT solutions to a critical industry to the UK and even during this difficult period is predicting further growth across the business and in particular the security division with not one furlough or redundancy announced.
The Ministry of Defence have recently announced they will allow Cloud Services to be provided to them. Off the back of this, the particular defence company I work with is creating a brand-new division and they want someone who is extremely familiar with AWS Cloud Native solutions but more importantly can have a strategic influence on this area moving forward.
The purpose of the role is to implement AWS (amongst over) and create a multi-cloud offering based on both private and public cloud solutions.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You enjoy working with the end customer and can explain technical problems to a non-technical audience, with the ability to forge strong relationships
- You have been involved in the implementation of an AWS solution to any organisations previously
- You enjoy managing cloud projects end-to-end from developing strategy, managing customer relationships and technical implementation
- You enjoy working collaboratively and supporting team members
- You love working on Greenfield projects and be at the forefront of cloud implementations
- Key requirements:
- knowledge of the design and implementation of secure, highly resilient, large scale cloud based infrastructures (specifically AWS Cloud)
- Led or been a key player of an AWS implementation previously
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers
- A desirable of working with the UK Government previously or come from a defence background
- Mainly home-working with some travel to customer-sites around the London and south area
- Be part of a new Cloud, the first of it's kind build and implementing the first AWS solutions in to the MOD
- Car Allowance and 10 - 15% Bonus
- 25 Days Holiday (option to purchase up to an additional 10 days per year)
- Competitive Pension scheme: match & double up to 10% company contribution: Employee 3% - 6% or Employee 5 % - 10%
- Training and Development such as Cloud Certifications