£20 - £40 per hour + bens
6 months ago
1. Lead the applications team including planning resources and setting priorities in conjunction with the Engineering Manager.
2. Lead applications projects within the Company process and procedures to meet Cost, Quality, Standards and Timescale.
3. Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects to deadlines.
4. Project Management & Resource planning (MS Project).
5. Computer Aided Design (Autodesk Inventor 3D & 2D).
6. Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA).
7. Engine risk analysis (RA).
8. Responsible for designing and defining mechanical, electrical and electronic systems to meet contractual obligations.
9. Contract specific system engineering for example, gearbox integration, coupling design, AVM's, Piping and electrical, engine controllers and bridge controls.
10. Contract specific documentation, technical data, specifications and drawings inc. wiring diagrams, P&ID's, termination & block , logic diagrams for a range of standard and customised solutions to customer
11. To support future applications engineering for an existing engine including electronic fuel injection, emissions solutions, distributed i/o controls systems and value engineering opportunities.
12. Analyse data & solve complex system problems as they relate to hardware selection, engine performance, fuel consumption, emissions, and base engine calibration and development.
13. Design analysis and calculations in accordance with customer requirements and product design standards.
14. Communicate design changes using Company procedures for (DA's-Design Alterations).
15. Ensure that application designs are in compliance with product safety legislation, regulations and directives.
16. Ensure both project & technical construction files are in place for new Contract Engines.
17. Coordination with the other Engineering disciplines, clients and vendors.
18. Attend and contribute to weekly Engineering Team Meetings.
19. Acts as a mentor for application engineers.
20. Identifying training needs of applications team members.
21. Operate in compliance with the Company and departmental procedures.