£50 - £64 per hour + Generous benefits package
5 months ago
2 years plus
Lead Aerodynamicist - Noise and Acoustics
Fixed Term Contract Duration: 2 years +
Rate: £50 to £64 p/h (Ltd equivalent) plus generous benefits package
We are looking to recruit a Noise and Acoustics Lead Aerodynamicist to work on a new fighter aircraft programme for our leading defence client overseas. This will initially be for a two year contract, but is likely to extend to four years. If successful, you will receive a generous benefits package, including accommodation.
The main purpose of this role is to lead a team of specialist professional engineers to deliver Aerodynamic plans, engineering design requirements, data, and evidence for sub-system qualification in fulfilment of the objectives of the fighter aircraft programme.
The main duties and responsibilities include:
- Estimate technical and resource requirements against a task definition and define a corresponding Statement of Work. Identification of manning requirements and support to resourcing process
- Provide technical leadership of the work and to give direction to the team members; to coach and motivate staff and to lead by example; to train and develop the individuals
- Plan and manage the team's workload to perform tasks to cost and on time, to meet internal and external customer requirements and business needs
- Apply analytical, interpretative, and evaluative thinking together with creativity and innovation to identify, define, and solve technical problems (i.e. tasks and challenges) to achieve required sub-system performance. Apply personal experience and expertise to Noise and Acoustics Aerodynamic specialism
- Control the technical content of the work and deliverables, to ensure application of agreed expertise and efficiency. Ensure work is compatible with the project's Quality Management Plan, BAE Systems established departmental quality policy, and meets requirements of international quality standards. Ensure that both self and team members are aware of, and follow the project and departmental procedures
- Ensure effective interactions with internal and external customers, suppliers and others, to promote the best interests of the team, project, and companies
- Active contribution to own personal self-development and advancement of individual and team understanding and expertise, to improve efficiency
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).