2 months ago
2- 6 years
Landing Gear Systems Senior Engineer
Location: Ankara, Turkey
Long Term contract - minimum 2 Years +
Pay rate: Negotiable
There is an attractive support and benefits package which has been designed to:
* Ensure that employees are supported when moving overseas
* Maintain individual standard of living
* Enable flexibility and choice
Landing gear system requirement definition, functional/physical architecture design, modelling/simulation, system integration and development testing (if applicable) of system that is composed of nose/main gears, wheels/brakes, steering, retraction/extension and arresting hook. It also covers supplier selection and management activities for landing gear system.
The main responsibilities of the job include:
* Requirements capture and definition, concept/trade studies, specification, design and development, qualification, clearance and certification planning.
* Functional/physical architecture design.
* Equipment engineering, including equipment selection, specification, supplier management and liaison.
* Interface with Airframe and Design engineering to integrate systems at Air Vehicle level.
* Liaison with specialist departments to define system requirements and integrate systems.
* System analysis, modelling and simulation.
* System safety analysis.
* Supporting development of plans, programmes and statements of work.
Proven Ability/Skills will ideally include:
* Effective communication and collaborative team working.
* Proven ability of several phases of the Product Lifecycle, particularly early life cycle and understanding of phase reviews is desirable.
* Proven ability of supplier management.
* Ability to apply significant engineering judgement to solve problems.
* Ability to be creative and innovative.
* Proven ability in modelling software tools such as Matlab is desirable.
* Knowledge of relevant engineering standards (including safety and environmental regulations).
* Ideally have an active UK/NATO security clearance