4 months ago
2 years +
Landing Gear Systems Senior Engineer
Fixed Term 2 Years
Attractive Salary + Benefits
There is an attractive support and benefits package which has been designed to:
- Ensure that employees are supported when moving overseas
- Maintain individual standard of living
- Enable flexibility and choice
Landing gear system requirement definition, functional/physical architecture design, modelling/simulation, system integration and development testing (if applicable) of system that is composed of nose/main gears, wheels/brakes, steering, retraction/extension and arresting hook. It also covers supplier selection and management activities for landing gear system.
The main responsibilities of the job include:
- Requirements capture and definition, concept/trade studies, specification, design and development, qualification, clearance and certification planning.
- Functional/physical architecture design.
- Equipment engineering, including equipment selection, specification, supplier management and liaison.
- Interface with Airframe and Design engineering to integrate systems at Air Vehicle level.
- Liaison with specialist departments to define system requirements and integrate systems.
- System analysis, modelling and simulation.
- System safety analysis.
- Supporting development of plans, programmes and statements of work.
Proven Ability/Skills will ideally include:
- Effective communication and collaborative team working.
- Proven ability of several phases of the Product Lifecycle, particularly early life cycle and understanding of phase reviews is desirable.
- Proven ability of supplier management.
- Ability to apply significant engineering judgement to solve problems.
- Ability to be creative and innovative.
- Proven ability in modelling software tools such as Matlab is desirable.
- Knowledge of relevant engineering standards (including safety and environmental regulations).
- Must hold or be eligible for a UK/NATO security clearance