4 months ago
ATA32 Principal Engineer / Landing Gear Engineer - Braking and Steering Systems
Bristol - 7 month contract - Negotiable hourly rate
We are looking to recruit a Principal Landing Gear Engineer to work across the systems engineering lifecycle for braking and steering systems.
- Lead and undertake braking and steering system engineering development activities to establish system and equipment design requirements, demonstrate the design complies with the requirements, delivering integrated technical solutions in line with the appropriate processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate the product meets the applicable airworthiness regulations (with an aim to achieve CVE and ICS signatory of Category A documents)
- Provide project estimates (SoW, Development plans, Man Hours)
- Be the focal point for tasks (Both local and at Aircraft level)
- Manage associated system physical interfaces (Safety, Landing Gear structure, Wheels Tyres and Brakes, ATA29/24/42…etc.)
- Manage the update of associated Development plans, System specifications and Master Schedules
- Support stakeholder meetings/reviews.
- Liaise with, and steer the Supply chain to ensure a safe, robust and mature product is reached within the timeframe and budget of the project.
- To lead engineering subcontract work packages to ensure on time/cost/quality delivery in line with commitments.
- Provide a continuous improvement mind-set, ensuring that designs, processes and ways-of-working are refined to ensure efficiency whilst also maintaining adequate coverage and the knowledge is captured.
Reporting functionally and operationally to the Head of ELKx
- ATA32 is a unique set of systems, equipment and structure that consist of Physical and Functional Design elements. It is a critical system highly integrated into the aircraft and encapsulates both primary structure and complex systems in a challenging operating environment.
- The role of the ATA32 Principal Engineer - Braking and Steering System is to manage requirements, develop integrated efficient design solutions that comply with the specifications and ensure the continued airworthiness of the braking and steering system products throughout the complete product lifecycle (from R&T to in-service). Working closely with Equipment and Extended Enterprise Suppliers and other areas of the business (e.g. Procurement, Program, Chief Engineers, Test, Operations and Customer Support) the ATA32 Principal Engineer - Braking and Steering System will be responsible for delivering tasks and projects that are safe, certifiable and integrated with the right quality, on time and within budget.
- The ATA32 Principal Engineer - Braking and Steering System shall lead :
- LG system engineering activities during various aircraft development phases - R&T, Continuous Product Development (CPD), Major Modification (MaMo), Incremental Development (ID) in line with the appropriate Airbus Business Processes (ABP) for systems development.
- Lead engineering activities covering all parts of the braking and steering system component (such as system control logic; electronics; hydro-mechanical actuation) working with Principal ATA32 Engineers and Level 1 signatories along with interfacing with Landing Gear vendors to ensure the development of an integrated technical solution in line with the development plan
- Lead activities reporting progress to EL focal points / task owners (e.g.- Head of Program, Engineering Program Manager (EPM), and Vendor Technical Manger (VTM)) along with interfacing with the external stakeholders (e.g.- Local Chief Engineering Team) at the relevant technical reviews.
- Ensuring adherence to budget and schedule for each task; managing and mitigating risks/opportunities and communicating in a timely manner.