LANDING GEAR ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS ARCHITECTURE ENGINEER
The role involves working as the Landing Gear representative within the study of integration of electrical actuation into the overall aircraft architecture for a large civil aircraft.
Reporting to both Project & Technical Leaders to deliver R&T projects to Time, Cost and Quality. Individual is expected to seek, scope and drive new technological breakthroughs that can contribute and shape the future of Landing Gear Systems and Aircraft.
We are a diverse, entrepreneurial and self-empowered team working in an exciting and dynamic environment delivering innovation to existing and future landing gear systems. The Landing Gear is a critical system highly integrated into the aircraft and encapsulates both primary structure and complex systems in a challenging operating environment. It offers a unique set of system, equipment and structure that consist of physical and functional design elements.
This position offers the opportunity to develop multidisciplinary skills by working on the following subjects:
- LG structure architecture
- LG equipment development
- LG system architecture and design
- Overall aircraft design
- Loads & Performance
- Wheels, Tyres & Brakes
- Extension & Retraction
- Braking, Steering & Control
- Modelling & Simulation
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for delivery of the Landing Gear technical aspects for the electrical aircraft architecture R&T project. The role involves study of the benefits and trades at aircraft systems level as well as Landing Gear systems architectures.
- This will involve interacting with the Airbus teams responsible for Electrical power generation, Avionics, actuation and aircraft architectures.
- The role will encompass future aircraft preliminary architecture trades and integration of other systems.
- Identification, scoping and delivery of projects that are linked to the Corporate Technology Office (CTO) Roadmaps, product development plans and contribute to the Landing Gear technology, product and business strategies.
- Delivering of Engineering tasks and projects to time, quality and cost.
- Liaise, co-ordinate and work with other Airbus Centres including other Airbus divisions (e.g. Helicopters, Space & Defence) to deliver the solutions.
- Integration of the solutions within the Landing Gear System as well as other systems and structure of the Aircraft.
- Liaise with the Landing Gear Systems, Equipment and Extended Enterprise Suppliers to deliver technical solutions.
- Identify and work with new collaborators including non-industrial partners e.g. Research institutes and academia to seek, scope and deliver solutions.
- Support co-ordination of Milestone and Technology Readiness Level Reviews including Process Assurance.
- Actively identify risk, opportunities and mitigations.
- Adherence to Airbus Processes & Procedures with a continuous improvement mind-set.