South East England, England
Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
23 days ago
Having secured new and exciting projects, we now seek Land / Geomatics Surveyors to undertake work tasks within the South East of the UK.
Within this role your responsibilities shall include:
- Undertake laser scanning surveying tasks to specified levels of accuracy (Working knowledge of terrestrial FARO scanning technologies would be beneficial, but not essential)
- Use a range of equipment to produce surveys, including where required GPS methods
- Analyse information thoroughly before it's handed over.
- Gather data on the earth's physical and man-made features through surveys
- Process data, Point Cloud registration (Working knowledge of Faro Scene would be beneficial, but not essential)
- Reading drawings and plans to establish the best and most effective means of surveying/data collection.
- Check equipment is correct and in calibration for all site activities, reporting any issues to the Head of Digital Capture
- Use equipment in the correct manner and keep it clean and functional before returning to stores
- Produce site records and specified output/deliverables as required.
What to expect in this role:
- Working as part of the Digital Capture Team and alongside our clients site teams, you will proactively undertake surveying activities in varied environments.
- Site works will at times require travel and working away from home. (Traveling, accommodation and subsistence expenses will be covered by the Employer).
- Surveys will at times require working outdoors within a wide range of weather conditions.
- Standard working hours are 9am - 5pm, however this may vary by location to suit client team requirements, where additional hours may be sometimes required to meet deadlines. (Overtime rates will apply on this occasions).
The ideal candidate will have the following experience/qualifications:
- Minimum PTS AC
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
- Minimum 1 years' experience in using laser scanners, preferably FARO systems
- Think creatively to resolve practical planning and development problems which may arise during tasks
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Proven planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work safely and at times remotely, observing all aspects of health and safety which could both impact yourself and others.
- Ability to work to deadlines