Vital Glasgow Construction
25 days ago
Vital Construction are looking for Laggers/Thermal Insulation Engineers to support our high profile Client with their current and future projects.
Duties will involve:
- Carrying out all work in a safe manner in accordance with site rules and regulations
- Competence in the identification and installation of Thermal Insulation materials, material types, dimensions, and material densities.
- Knowledge of the specifications being applied such as heat conservation, winterisation, refrigeration etc and the parameters of their application.
- The ability to pre-fabricate and install sheet-metalwork to be accurately installed over the insulation, to include but not limited too, pipework, valves, flanges, tees, reducers, cap ends, bends, vessels and tanks.
- Utilising / installing alternative finish coatings such as Mastic, cementitious composite finishes.
- The ability to accurately identify specific lines / equipment from drawings to ensure the correct specification is installed to the correct line / equipment.
- Ensuring all work is undertaken within the job holders own demonstrated level of competence
The following experience/qualifications are required:
- Time served craftsman to NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- Safety Passport
- Resuscitation methods and equipment
- Breathing apparatus
- Manual Handling
- Abrasive Wheels
- Shutdown "In House" harness training
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Regards personal and plant safety as priority
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and as individual
- Ability to install composition and mastic finishes
- Knowledge of conditions when insulation may not be installed
We want to hear from you if you are available for work or looking for a new challenging role.
Please send CV and cards to Susie at or call 07703 613159