£45.00 - £45.91 per hour + negotiable hourly rate
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a LabVIEW Software Engineer to design, develop and maintain LabVIEW software for the Test Engineering group. The candidate will be expected to develop and code software to interface with standard instruments and custom-built hardware to control both test equipment and our range of detector products
Software Development Tasks:
- To develop concepts and specifications
- To plan software development tasks
- To develop modular, reusable and testable code.
- To code software to specification, cost and timescale
- To complete software verification and validation tasks
- To release and document software
- To work to design process and procedures
- To work with hardware engineers to debug and integrate software
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Ability to code using LabVIEW
- Ability to assimilate and apply technical information to design tasks and to problem solving
- Ability to apply software engineering best practices throughout the development lifecycle
- Evidence of good organisation, planning and execution of work
- Ability to work closely in a team with other engineering and science disciplines
- Effective communicator
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrate a flexible approach
- Tight deadlines - working to achieve milestones and project deadlines, whilst working on concurrent projects
- Proven ability with C++and C# (Visual Studio 2012 and/or Embarcadero RAD Studio XE)
- Knowledge/experience of Jira/BitBucket/Confluence
- Knowledge of TortoiseSVN, GIT or other version control system
- Knowledge of micro-electronics
- Hands-on laboratory test and measurement experience.
- Under Covid19, likely to be majority working from home (IT will be provided), however will require site visits for access to test equipment for validation etc.
- Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).