Up to £18.00 per hour
5 months ago
A vacancy for a Laboratory Assistant has arisen within to work on space flight hardware including the ExoMars Rover project in Stevenage. This role reports to the Materials Laboratory Deputy Manager.
- Contribute to the Materials and Processes team mission of assuring the quality of materials and processes used in the client's products.
- Carry out all Mat Lab processes involved in Cleanliness & Contamination control
- Provide Materials Laboratory support to projects
- Maintain stock levels of chemical consumables & equipment.
- Prepares chemical & stocks of biological & chemical swabs for the Contamination Control Team
- When & where required assist the contamination control team during chemical & biological audits
- Hands-on testing of materials and process used in the manufacture of space products - mechanical and/or chemical, analysing the results and reporting data to enable internal customers to make informed pass/fail decisions
- Support Materials Engineering investigations, produce reports on the results drawing concise conclusions and present the findings to internal / external customers
- Support development and qualification programmes
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a 5S lean approach to laboratory working
- Support the continuous maintenance and review of Material Laboratory Procedures (MLPs) and laboratory working processes
- Maintain and improve internal databases and operating procedures
- Experience working within a commercial / Industrial laboratory environment
- Practical experience of chemical testing.
- Practical experience of clean room working
- Good interpersonal & team working skills
- Able to contribute to team meetings
- Self-motivated & organised
- Experience of working in a regulated laboratory to minimum ISO9000 quality standard
- Demonstrable team working skills, communication and presentation capability.
- Flexible and proactive approach to work and is prepared to work at other Airbus sites and at customer and supplier locations as directed
- PC literate, report and specification writing, database maintenance & Web page construction.
- Can represent Mat Lab in project review meetings and disseminates relevant information and actions to Mat Lab team
- Fluent in written and spoken communication
Education & Training
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working in a routine testing laboratory
- Experience in Particle, Chemical & Biological cleanliness monitoring techniques.
- Minimum of A level in Biology, Chemistry or forensic science.