Lostock Gralam, Cheshire
Up to £26500 per annum
5 months ago
Laboratory Analyst - Chemical Plant
Who are we?
Tata Chemicals Europe (TCE) is the UK's sole producer of sodium carbonate and sodium bicarbonate, as well as the market leading producer of salt.
There are exciting times ahead for us as we embark on major investment across all our manufacturing sites in Cheshire to grow our business. This programme of investment and development at our Lostock site includes major infrastructure projects that will secure our position as a market leader in the production of Soda Ash.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Lab Analyst to join our Lostock site in Northwich.
What will you be doing?
Working as part of a team of two analysts on site, you will be:
- Collecting samples from sample points located within chemical process plant areas.
- Conducting analysis and interpretation of results.
- Undertaking analysis and investigations on non-routine samples.
- Managing the laboratory calibration schedule and stocks of laboratory consumables including reagents.
- Providing support, guidance and training to the Process Operations team.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Ideally you will have a background in chemical plant analysis and laboratory work.
- You are likely to have an A Level in Chemistry and/or hold or be working towards NVQ level III Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities.
- You must be computer literate to enable data input, interpretation and report writing.
- Strong technical problem-solving capability.
- A flexible team player.
What can you expect in return?
Our people have always been at the center of the company's success and in return for their hard work and commitment, we offer a generous benefits package including: 37 days holidays per year, inclusive of Bank Holidays, an additional paid day off each year to volunteer for a good cause in the local community, an excellent contributory Pension scheme, Life insurance, Healthcare and a range of other optional benefit schemes. This role is Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.