29 days ago
Through the management and co-ordination of the relationship with customers and potential customers promote and maximise sales of the Company's products.
- Achieve or exceed the target level of sales, maintaining the planned level of profitability, while working within the agreed sales expense.
- To take the lead in identifying and developing initiatives for new business and new customers resulting in increased market share or market growth.
- Manage the relationship between client and customers/potential customers ensuring that the best possible service is provided to effectively develop and grow new sales while defend existing sales.
- Provide support to the customer in the solution of technical problems ensuring the availability of specialist support where appropriate.
- Provide prompt and accurate information relating to customers and potential customers for the development of research programmes, sales plans and the negotiation of contracts.
- To be fully aware of all developments both commercial and technical in his/her area of sales responsibility and ensure that these are promptly and accurately reported.
- Provide information from his/her area of market responsibility to ensure the timely and accurate input of short, medium and long term sales.
- The job holder will make commercial decisions on pricing within agreed guidelines. Outside the guidelines he/she will work within set procedures from senior management.
- He/she will also decide when he/she is able to give appropriate technical support and when it is necessary to commit or seek the commitment of other resources.
Planning, Organising and Controlling
The job holder is a key contributor to the development and delivery of sales plans and budgets and to ensuring that short, medium and long term forecasts are accurate and up to date. He/she will contribute detailed information relating to opportunities and threats in his/her area and coordinate the client response.
Contact With Others
The job holder is the prime point of contact between the Company and the customer and as such will have contact with staff at senior levels in the customer's and the Company's organisations. The contact will be with both technical and commercial employees.
The successful candidate will be involved in the negotiation of prices and supply arrangements within agreed guidelines. Outside of these arrangements he/she will be expected to provide information to more senior composites sales and marketing staff to enable negotiations to be effectively carried out.
The candidate will need to provide initial technical support which will involve liasing with technical staff within the client company.
The requirement to identify new business opportunities requires the job holder to be able to identify and develop new contacts and sources of information.
The requirement for accurate up to date forecasting will require the job holder to ensure a thorough understanding of the customers needs.
The Challenge of the Job
The major challenge of the job is to establish effective relationships within customers' organisations which assist the development of good working relationships within all appropriate areas of the Company.
The job holder must develop and grow new sales while defending existing sales to maximise market share while achieving the correct level of forecast sales and at the planned levels of profitability.
The job holder must be able to plan his/her own time effectively to both maintain good support to existing customers/distributors and seek out and develop new opportunities.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience required
- Degree level relevant technical qualification.
A post graduate business qualification in sales or marketing would be desirable.
An in depth understanding of the composites business including the full range of products and their applications.
A good appreciation of the business needs of customers and potential customers in the aerospace sector.
Relevant level of proven sales/commercial experience.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing is a key requirement.
Prove experience of building strong working relationships with a wide range of people both internally across the business and with external agencies and customers.
A second European language would be desirable but not essential.
If you feel that you would be a good candidate for this role then Morson International would like to hear from you. Please email a Cv or call the Norwich office on 01603269925.