Up to £0.00 per annum
0207 633 2040
24 days ago
Key Account Manager
A key leadership position within the Business Development department of Siemens Rail Infrastructure, reporting directly to the Strategy and Business Development Director, working closely with all disciplines within the Business Development team and the wider business, to ensure successful account management and business generation from new and existing markets within their allocation regions.
What are my responsibilities?
* Senior account management responsibility for key customer account for Siemens Rail Infrastructure.
* Develop and lead effective customer relationship management plans for all packages, ensuring strategic messages are routed through the right channels
* Fostering authentic relationships with senior customers from the earliest stages of business development, through proposal generation and through to contract award, to grow overall customer satisfaction as well as revenues from key accounts
* Definition and implementation of innovative, winning strategies to position the organisation to secure new business well in advance of the procurement process, including developing innovative market and specific project capture plans
* Identifying new business offerings and routes to market for account regions, unlocking additional order intake potential
* Developing new business in new technology markets, such as Digital
* Drive market & competitor analysis activities within the business
* Ensure that customer requirements are communicated effectively with justifiable business cases into new technology developments within R&D
* Establish strategic partnerships with various internal and external partners, consultants and complementary organisations to secure target business growth
* Contribute to the marketing effort including attendance and speaking at seminars, conferences and other events
* Involvement in pre and post bid submission negotiations with the client encompassing technical, financial and commercial considerations
* Production and delivery of presentations (internal and external) up to board level
* Ensuring the transfer of knowledge from the business development teams to the Delivery teams, post contract award
* Assist with the implementation of improvements in company processes and standards in relation to Business Development
* Individual and team order intake
* Customer satisfaction ratings
* Quality of strategic sales planning
* Win rate
* Effectiveness of pipeline management
* Quality of market intelligence
What do I need to qualify for this role?
* Proven high value sales experience in a technology or project delivery business in the rail environment (excess of £100m p.a.) (essential)
* Understands the UK rail market and its stakeholders (essential)