Up to £20.00 per hour
3 months ago
JUNIOR SYSTEMS SOFTWARE ENGINEER - 12 MONTH CONTRACT - STEVENAGE, HERTFORDSHIRE
An engineer is required to join a team of GNC/AOCS (Guidance Navigation Control / Attitude and Orbital Control Systems) analysts to work on current and future space missions. This role would suit a recent Software Engineering graduate, although the client would consider alternate qualifications /or relevant proven ability.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform GNC/AOCS design & analysis activities through the full engineering lifecycle -
- from initial concept design through to support and validation
- producing the associated documentation (design justifications etc.)
- SW requirements for GNC/AOCS algorithms
- performance analysis documentation
- ability to develop SW to a prototype level (non-real time simulator development under C/Matlab).
SKILLS/PROVEN ABILITY REQUIRED
- Knowledge of dynamics, control, mathematical modelling, Matlab/Simulink,
- Software / systems Engineering ability
- Space industry knowledge including AOCS/GNC or robotics/automation
- Computer simulations
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.