Anglesey, Isle of Anglesey
£23000 - £27000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Morson International are currently recruiting for their prestigious client at RAF Valley.
You'll be an experienced and skilled technician, supervising a range of detailed maintenance activities on an aircraft or aircraft component. At this level you'll need an excellent understanding of the construct of the approved Technical Information set and is competent to work unaided to approved data, maintenance instructions and in accordance with the organisation's Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE).
You will be able to sign 1st and 2nd signature for work completed and supervision of work within trade boundaries, demonstrate the ability to analyse and diagnose faults to equipment & assemblies, follow diagnostic procedures and work effectively to help lead a team and providing guidance to less experienced team members in a diverse and dynamic operational environment.
As a Junior Supervisor you will be employed in the Depth maintenance environment. The actions and decisions taken shall be limited to those actions authorised as governed by trade, experience and competence.
* Undertake and complete depth maintenance & diagnostic activities on an aircraft or components which may include, as appropriate, scheduled maintenance, component removals, inspections, repairs, modifications, fault rectifications, replacements and/or functional/system test.
* Reviews operational performance of aircraft components & systems. Analyse and diagnose faults to components & assemblies, apply diagnostic skills & knowledge to effect repairs or modify equipment or suggest improvements to procedures.
* Ensure that maintenance is undertaken to schedule and resolve any issues, escalate as required.
* Demonstrates a flexible and proactive attitude to carrying out responsibilities appropriate to the role and takes direction appropriately.
* Maintain personal task competencies for working on aircraft or components.
* Undertake support tasks within the Aircraft or component maintenance facility which are required to maintain compliance with the MOE and Functionally Mandated procedures (e.g. oversight checks, control of tooling / test equipment etc.)
* Receive On The Job training activities and maintain personal Log Book for currency and recency.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to have completion of an Engineering Apprenticeship, ideally in Aeronautical Engineering, or Military equivalent apprenticeship / qualifications, an academic qualification for this role is a minimum of City & Guilds 2675 Aeronautical Engineering and Maintenance or NVQ Level 3 Aeronautical related discipline and extensive experience including type, classed as fully competent with all required Authorities in place.