US$18.00 - US$20.00 per annum
6 days ago
Morson International is currently seeking a Junior Staff Accountant for our client, an automation and engineering company within the oil and gas sector.
We are in need of an entry level candidate with at least 2-3 years of experience in accounting related work to grow and develop their long time career into a Staff Accountant.
* Strong Attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and communication skills
* Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
* Proficiency at Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) knowledge in Pivot table and vlookup a plus
* Ability to work with confidential information
* Strong analytical and reconciliation skills
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred
Responsibilities and Functions
* A/P experience including but not limited to coding and entering bills, cutting checks, processing expense reimbursements
* Posting timesheets on a weekly basis
* Review Expense reports for accuracy before processing payment
* Reconcile various vendor bills like medical/dental/rent etc.
* Process 1099 and 1096 at year end
* Enter purchase orders into Accounting system review correct coding of charges
* Post miscellaneous disbursement transactions such as payroll disbursements, ACH and wire transactions
* Track Vendor Invoices without Sales tax and Contractor billings
* Perform general ledger account reconciliations
* Assist in month end and Year end closing process
* Assist in audits (internal and external)
* Accounting duties and tasks as assigned by Controller