£200 - £300 per day + negotiable daily rate
5 months ago
We are seeking a Graduate / Junior Software Engineer to support our clients on-going Mobile Tactical Communications projects in Newport, South Wales.
The Software Engineer is responsible to the Head of Product Engineering for executing allocated MoTaKo Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
The Junior Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified legislative and customer requirements, by
- analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
- generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
- integration of software onto the target platform
- providing software technical support
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Good level of software engineering knowledge
- Use of Linux based operating systems desirable
- Knowledge of C, and C coding practices highly advantageous
- Knowledge of Linux command line networking functions highly advantageous.
- Understanding of IP networking, IPSec, and next-gen management protocols are advantageous, but not required.
- Work as part of a software development team to aid the design, implementation, and integration of new features in to these builds under the guidance of the team's software team lead and architect
RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY TASKS
- Provide support for demonstrations and customer meetings where applicable.
- The team that this engineer will be a part of are currently tasked to complete features, demonstrations, and releases in line with:
- increasing product security through the implementation of security features
- increasing management support for the device, including internal and external device management
- Implementing MANET and traffic control based features to support customer demonstrations and key strategic campaigns
- Porting the code base on to COTS platforms, including governance, to support customer systems and sales.