East Midlands, England
£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Junior Software Developer - Birmingham (£25,000 - £30,000 per annum)
Morson International are working with a world leading engineering firm who are looking for a junior Software Engineer to join their team in Birmingham. You will be joining the Digital Solutions team to meet the demands of the wide portfolio of projects and clients. The team provides full design, implementation and maintenance services to a wide range of internal and external clients. My client have 2 tech stacks, .Net and PHP.
The Junior Software Engineer will:
* Work with experienced staff to develop, maintain and support software applications, predominately for our transportation clients.
* Follow documented software development standards and approaches
* Follow the defined visual style of the application.
* Develop solutions based upon a defined specification and test plan.
* Develop software solutions that operate against relational databases including: Relational / object mapping, Screen creation, Report development
* Participate in department code reviews.
* Perform unit testing of their work.
* Complete work based upon the project schedule.
* Work with the quality assurance tester to resolve any problems.
* Participate in team design meetings.
* Assist in the response to Helpdesk ticket support requests.
* Train, adhere and learn from peers within the organization.
The Junior Software Developer will have:
* Experience working as part of software teams developing a variety of technologies focus on either PHP and\or .Net.
* Proven design and development skills delivering to quality, time and budget.
* Experience working in a consultancy
* Experience with one or more of the following two web stacks:
Stack 1 - Open Source
Stack 2 - Microsoft .Net
* Visual Studio
* C# Language
* Asp.Net/MVC/Web API
* Entity Framework
* SQL Server
Desirable skills to have:
* Mobile software development
* Project and Service Desk management using JIRA
* Source Code Control in GIT or equivalent
* Experience with Google APIs and analytics
* Development of map driven solutions
* Good appreciation of software architecture and its real-world implications.
* Understanding of database design and implementation.
* Exceptional work life balance
* Flexible working arrangements
* company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance
* one paid annual professional institution membership fee
* two paid CSR days each year
* You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an accomplished team and work on a variety of exciting and innovative projects for our various clients. If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and I will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Jake from Morson for more information.