US$30.00 - US$45.00 per hour
14 days ago
Junior Automation Specialist
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
2. Excellent attention to detail and quality assurance
3. Basic knowledge of sound engineering principles and practices
4. Basic understanding of computer configuration, programming, and networking/communications
5. Ability to work in a fast paced environment with regular priority changes
6. Ability to travel to remote locations - up to 50%
7. Ability to work independently, but willing to seek guidance when needed
Depending on experience and skill level, the preferred qualified candidate will be expected to perform the following tasks/capabilities:
1. Performs specialized technical work which may involve development of systems engineering, distributive and/or computer controls of processes.
2. Implements basic design and specifications for control systems and associated instrumentation.
3. Assists with / Develops new control concepts as required.
4. Keeps project leadership informed of changes to scope and deviations from contract
5. Develops, updates, and maintains technical project and design documentation, to include I/O Lists, data maps, cause & effect matrices, functional/control narratives, instrument indexes, module lists, bills of material.
6. Understands, develops/modifies, implements, & supports complex control systems including:
o Familiarity with P&ID's, Logic Diagrams, Cause / Effect matrices, and Functional Narratives
o System development / configuration / integration
o Test procedure development
o Cutovers/loop checks
o Startup assistance/trouble shooting
o Operations/maintenance training
7. Platform experience not required, but strongly preferred. In particular:
o DCS (Honeywell and Delta V preferred, plus others)
o PLC (Allen Bradley preferred, plus others)
o HMI (Inductive Automation Ignition REQUIRED, WonderWare and Rockwell preferred, plus others)
o Other (ROC, Omni, plus others)
A.S. or B.S. Engineering or related technological field
Engineer-In-Training certification is desirable, but not required.