US$20.00 - US$28.50 per hour
14 days ago
Description: The Associate Software Engineer, Web Developer, is a junior-level web developer that supports the UI/UX development teams by maintaining software, tools, and services under direct supervision that are focused on transforming and deploying content metadata and assets to Thales IFEC systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* This position will focus on supporting a single ART at the team level working closely with developers, Scrum Masters, and Product Owners in a fast-paced Agile environment (focus on Excel, SQL query, test content)
* Responsible for customer-specific sustaining/maintenance activities such as the troubleshooting of software issues.
* Must perform full integration testing, unit test deliverables to ensure the deliverables meet requirements.
* Must have the desire to build applications that utilize various technologies to design and deliver quality content to UX team.
Areas to Focus: Linux & PHP
Deliverables: Excel, SQL Query & Test Content Work Environment: Open Concept
Notes: Must be able to self-manage
Customer Complexities: While this role will primarily interface with internal stakeholders, on occasion, he/she may be called up on to interface directly with customers to provide technical advice.
Physical Demands: The majority of the time will be spent at a desk for development. Time in the labs (separate building) is also required for integration and testing.
* The candidate will be required to interface with multiple teams during the development and integration phases of the product.
* Candidate should be comfortable working in a fast paced, collaborative, team oriented environment.
* Manager will provide guidance if needed, but candidate will have a lot of autonomy in job.
Education: BS / BA degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field and equivalent experience
LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP)
Familiar with Shell Scripting
XML, XSLT Transformation
* 1-3 years max of experience of LAMP stack.
* Ability to write automate unit test scripts using Shell scripting, PHP Strong Object Oriented
* Design Familiar with HTTP, REST, XML-RPC protocol Familiar with client-server architecture
* Familiar with Agile methodology or similar Understanding of continuous integrations