Up to £13.74 per hour + Inclusive of holiday pay
3 months ago
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Craft Operative, specialising in Joinery/Carpentry. Their Workshop Craft Operatives provide the business with expertise to manufacture and repair lock gates for their waterways in support of the Trusts aims.
This vacancy will be based in Northwich on an on-going contract basis.
The role is to be based in Northwich but will cover the local area so the successful candidate must be flexible regarding working location.
Knowledge, Skills/Qualifications & Experience
- Working in a workshop environment using specific carpentry/joinery skills to manufacture and repair lock gates for the waterway infrastructure in line with the program of works.
- Assist the Supervisor in the planning of works using a knowledge of the craft to ensure that works are completed to time, budget and quality.
- Accountable for efficient and effective use of plant, equipment and materials to reduce costs.
- To deliver skilled work to achieve or better the planned production target.
- To deliver skilled works free of defects and to the specified quality.
- Undertake the risk assessment of proposed works and the development of and compliance with method statements.
- Work safely ensuring the safety of others and contribute to safe working in all activities.
- Provide mentoring and support to trainees and apprentices.
- Ensure that the environment and heritage of the waterways are considered during all works to guarantee their protection.
- Work alongside and supervise volunteers to ensure the Trust has sufficient resources to be sustainable, whilst ensuring the satisfaction of the volunteers is high.
- A flexible approach to the nature and location of the task.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Recognised qualification e.g. NVQ Level 2/3 or City & Guilds or Completed Apprenticeship in a particular craft e.g. Carpentry/Joinery
- Proven experience of working in a construction or carpentry/joinery discipline.
- Proven experience of working on heritage schemes
- Relevant valid certificates of assessed competency for use of plant/tools and equipment.
- Full driving licence
- Experience of working with or as a volunteer - desirable