ob Title: Procurement Manager
Salary: Competitive Day Rate
Currently working with a global player within their market, having operations across the UK, Europe, America and Asia, who due to continued growth, are looking to recruit a Procurement Manager on a 6month contract.
The role will create, manage and implement strategic category sourcing best practices to deliver substantial year-on-year savings and value added to the business, allowing all user departments to manage and control costs within their area of responsibility. Work closely with key stakeholders to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans.
- Management of a portfolio of spend categories & associated supplier relationships
- Lead the investigation and retrieval of data, identification of vendors within a category and the execution of sourcing of goods and services to support business requirements.
- Apply project management concepts to the planning and execution of category sourcing requirements
- Ensure all related governance processes/policies are followed to ensure the acquisition is done in the best interest of the company (legal, technical, financial).
- Lead and/or facilitate cross-functional teams where required
- Identify, create and maintain effective and mutually respectful internal relationships across the breadth of the business
- Liaise with and provide insight to the Procurement Business Partner & Procurement Manager regarding adherence to supplier Framework agreements / conditions across the business, and work with them in the resolution of any issues identified
- Ongoing proactive supplier management including the regular review of Supplier performance, SLA’s, contract compliance and issue resolution
- Development of market intelligence for the spend categories assigned to ensure best in class provision of goods and services
- Communication of activity and performance to senior management team.
- Direct input into the Purchasing strategy & development of opportunity analysis
- Assess, define and resolve vendor issues and internally escalate where appropriate
- Identify risk and apply mitigation strategy across the category portfolio, or escalate to the Procurement Manager for review and decision making
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Excellent Communication, influencing & interpersonal skills
- Strong stakeholder management
- Purchasing Category Management Experience (Min 3/5 years)
- Understanding of strategic purchasing
- Track record of delivering sustainable purchasing related solutions with tangible benefits
- Organisational awareness
- Skills, reports, presentations & communications.
- Full CIPS Membership
- Knowledge of commercial / contractual practices
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details.