Job Title: Procurement Manager
Salary: Competitive Day Rate
Currently working with a global player within their market, having operations across the UK, Europe, America and Asia, who due to continued growth, are looking to recruit a Procurement Manager on a 6month contract.
The role will focus on providing strategic leadership and direction for Procurement & Vendor Management across the business, acting as the leader of the support function supporting the business including Operational Management and back office support functions (Primarily Procurement, Accounts Payable and Finance).
Procurment Manager role will alaso look to support the function in identifying, developing and delivering procurement opportunities to improve operational efficiency, deliver cost savings, avoid costs or secure new business (Bids / tenders) developing and maintaining close alignment with the Procurement function.
- Execute and deliver procurement function strategic goals and KPIs (ie cost savings, process improvements and standardization) through proactive management and active participation with both the regional operations teams and global supply chain team.
- Drive procurement & vendor management’s strategic objectives at the local levels and ensure implementation of and compliance to negotiated contracts and agreements and policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the Procurement Team, including coaching and mentoring, performance feedback, and supporting growth and development opportunities.
- Develop and maintain close alignment with Global Procurement to deliver corporate objectives within Regional operational requirements and strategies.
- Partner with and influence internal business partners to ensure early involvement and optimal use of procurement and supplier tools, processes, systems and best practices.
- Leader of change management across the business in respect of procurement strategies
- Monitor, report manage and implement agreed sourcing and procurement initiatives and work with category management and legal to resolve local supply and supplier related issues.
- Understand standard operating procedures, workflows and processes and determine opportunities for improvement and standardization across the organization.
- Apply project management concepts to the planning and execution of procurement projects
- Lead and/or facilitate cross-functional teams where required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of end-to-end supply chain management
- Practical experience and theoretical knowledge in inventory management and procurement operations
- Excellent Communication, influencing & interpersonal skills
- Strong management experience in managing functional activities and tasks through direct reports, managerial planning and integrating support activities
- Strong project management, planning and organisational skills
- Change management skills
- Strong stakeholder management
- Procurement Experience (Min 3/5 years)
- Understanding of strategic purchasing
- Track record of delivering sustainable purchasing related solutions with tangible benefits
- Skills, reports, presentations & communications.
- Proficient in cost benefit and business analysis
- Educational Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or equivalent experience in a related field
- Significant working experience in supply chain planning and operations including sourcing and contract management, inventory management and procurement operations
- Extensive experience managing/supervising direct reports
- Experience within a large organisation with a proven track record of influencing authority at all levels and implementing supply chain strategies
- Understands and adheres to policies and procedures, including safety
- Excellent customer service skills
- Full CIPS Membership
- Previous experience of managing in a global organisation
- Knowledge of commercial / contractual practices
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details.