Up to £40.20 per hour
5 months ago
6 months +
Our Bristol Client has a requriement for a Ji & Tool Engineer to undertake the below contract role.
To deliver tooling designs, manufacturing process flows and manufacturing processes in line with project requirements. You will utilise research to design and implement project plans, develop novel technology processes and create demonstrators of our manufacturing capability in line with customer needs.
To drive focus towards process innovation involving cross-discipline working across internal and external projects.
Please note that this role falls within scope of IR35, and as such we're only able to consider candidates on a PAYE basis or via an Umbrella company. We are unable to accept candidates wanting to work for us via a Limited company.
* Carry out literature reviews to benchmark existing composite technologies and techniques.
* Use an innovative approach to investigate, evaluate and develop composite tooling technology and processes.
* Provide technical support and develop technical project plans including factors such as timescales, tooling requirements and resource availability with the support of the Engineering Capability Manager and Technology Programme Manager.
* Combine industry and academic programmes to deliver project solutions.
* Liaise with a variety of disciplines within the NCC to progress your project.
* Arrange and book equipment in line with your project's needs.
* Drive excellent working processes.
* Delivery to projects in line with internal and external customer's expectations.
* Provide and present high quality project progress reports to customers including presentations and technical reports.
* CATIA V5.
* Demonstrable ability to visualise the "design for manufacture" lifecycle.
* Experience of working closely with customers and the ability to build relationships with customers.
* Experience of carrying out composite research programmes in a multi-discipline environment.
* Experience of detailed planning of your own research, with the ability to follow through a Design-Make strategy.
* Working knowledge of Composite part production.
* Exposure to NC programming.
* Proven ability to produce high quality technical project plans.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office - particularly Project and PowerPoint.
* Desire to work at the interface between research and industrial application.
* Team player.
* Demonstrable passion for the composite engineering industry.
* Proven problem solving and analytical skills.
* Driven and ambitious to succeed.
* Ability to create solutions where necessary.
* High level of attention to detail.
* Ability to work under minimal supervision.