Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000.00 - £36000.00 per annum + pension, flex hours, L&D
3 months ago
JAVA SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- PERMANENT ROLE
- You will be joining a high performing, self-organising Scrum Java team. The majority of the top 10 busiest airports rely on the clients software platforms and this role provides a fantastic opportunity to work on projects around the world and to experience many different cultures.
- The learning culture will allow you to continue to develop your own skills and keep current with changes in technology trend.
- The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, have deep technical skills and be prepared to learn and work hard with the client, to develop great software used at hundreds of airports across the globe.
KEY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Involvement in full Scrum life cycle from Three Amigos and Refinement to Review Retrospective.
- Designing, coding and unit testing applications using full stack technologies
- Dynamic work ethic able to investigate and fix high priority bugs following service desk triage and Product Owner approval.
- Confidence in raising issues as they arise with the ScrumMaster, with a focus on the fix.
- Technology advocate who keeps up to date with latest technologies and ensures technical obsolescence is understood and addressed.
* Experience of Java in 24x7 production environments.
* Working knowledge of XML and JSON
* Knowledge of build tools e.g. Gradle, Ant, Maven.
* Writing well-structured Unit and Integration tests
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / SVN.
* Proficient in working with Windows and Linux environments
* Knowledge of Shell and/or Python scripting
* Knowledge of Design Patterns e.g. MVC
* Experience in a Scrum development team working to continuous delivery.
* Experience of Agile friendly estimation techniques such as complexity estimation (story points) and planning poker.
* Understanding of Agile requirements (Epic - Story - Task) and how the business uses these to drive development.
* Validation of User Stories in conjunction with other devs, knowing when it is right to reject a requirement and being able to give valid reasons for doing so.
* Experience of using development work flow management tools (e.g. Jira, Redmine).
* Experience of using Node.js and a range of npm frameworks in 24x7 production environments.
* Design and development of RESTFul API.
* Experience of continuous integration, delivery and deployment techniques (preferably using Jenkins and Ansible).
* Behaviour Driven Development using Cucumber / Gherkin.
* Container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
* Knowledge of Microservices principles and best practices
* Knowledge of Message-Oriented Middleware / Service-Oriented Architecture
* Knowledge of cloud platforms (preferably AWS)
* Ability to work within a team and collaborate with other business functions.
* Committed to clients learning culture and continuous improvement.
* Willingness for occasional travel to customer sites around the world.
* Ability to pass security / DBS checks for an airport air side pass.